FINANCIAL AID DETAILS
For specific details about the financial aid process for undergraduate students on Study Away, visit the Duke Karsh Office of Financial Support Office webpage: https://financialaid.duke.edu/current-undergraduates/study-abroad.
38% of students who studied abroad in 2014-2015 were on financial aid.
TYPES OF FINANCIAL AID
- Non-Duke Students
- Available to undergraduate Duke students already receiving federal or institutional aid for study on the Durham campus.
- Both federal and institutional aid is fully portable.
- Work-study funds are converted to loans.
- Semester Duke-In Programs: Your family contribution will remain the same as a semester on campus, even if the budgeted cost of your program is more expensive.
- Semester Duke-Approved Programs (including petition): Your family contribution will remain the same, provided the cost of the program doesn’t exceed the cost of a semester at Duke.
Graduate students are NOT eligible for financial aid for study abroad/away.
- Available to undergraduate Duke students already receiving federal or institutional aid for study on the Durham campus during the academic year.
- Summer aid is offered in addition to the eight basic academic-year semesters of financial aid.
- Eligibility for aid will be determined in the same manner as academic-year aid.
- Summer Duke-In Programs: You can apply to receive financial aid for up to two Duke-In summer study abroad programs (and/or summer sessions in Durham). Each program can either be for one credit (4 weeks) or two credits (6 weeks).
- Summer Duke-Approved Programs: No institutional aid is provided.
Financial aid for summer study away cannot be applied to a summer abroad program taken prior to matriculation or after graduation from Duke. Graduate students are NOT eligible for financial aid for study abroad/away.
Non-Duke students are not eligible for financial aid through Duke University. All non-Duke students should consult the financial aid office at their home institutions to apply for aid.
Duke students should contact the Karsh Office of Financial Support.
Karsh Office of Financial Support
2127 Campus Drive, Annex, Box 90397
Durham, NC 27708-0397